Tuesday 4 February 2020

Heater

Realised that after I had installed the heater there is another wire to go though the bulkhead to fasten on the battery It is the feed wire foe the ECU and fuel pump .
I was never totally happy with the heater pipe anyway as it seemed a bit tight in the hole and had the potential to wear though and empty the coolant so out it came to make the holes bigger .

Heater removed and holes made bigger
At the same time I noticed that the positive cable was not long enough to fit on the terminal and still look neat ,this was because I had routed it clear of the exhaust  .My solution was to fit a Battery isolating switch this comes with a removable key should I feel the need .

Battery switch fitted  and cable looks better



At the same time I thought it would be a good idea to have isolating valves on the heater circuit in case of a leak and also if I ever wanted the heater to blow cool air ( unlikely I know ) so ordered to valves from car builder solutions and happy with the fit.
the valves  have a flow arrow on so one is the wrong way round
which I will turn when I figure out which is the return pipe





No comments:

Post a Comment