Tuesday 25 February 2020

Undertray

On a recent visit to GD I noticed that one of the cars had a radiator protector fitted .
I thought it was a good idea so came home with one and the aluminium under tray. 

Ally under tray
the tray  fastens on the same bolts as the radiator so to save taking those out again I slotted the holes    when I came to try it in place it didn't fit (surprise) but because it fits in a tapper it was I case of take a bit off try it take a bit off try it etc .
the radiator protector was a similar story as in the laser cutting it warped and made marking it on to the top radiator bracket a challenge to say the least.




laser cut protector

Once in however it looks well worth the work .


The bottom is secured with 5mm bolts with washers to make up the difference but after twisting my sons arm he applied his lathe skills and made me some spacers !



Ah La Connor (thanks Son )

No comments:

Post a Comment