Tuesday 25 February 2020

DashBoard Part 4 and Bits

Its leather time , Was really dreading this part as it could go wrong very quick and is the focus point to the car .Started by laying the leather at the bottom and making sure that the bottom was going to fit
I glued the bottom in place and let it dry .
Next day came to the rest and started by stretching the leather up which seems to require 3 pairs of hands ,By good fortune had to leave for another task and came across a local furniture upholsterer,the conversation came round to my dash and a asked for any tips ,His reply was amazing ,bring it in and I'll do it for you. So I did and he only charged me beer money .

All my own work !!
   Another couple of little jobs tackled  was to blank off the two unused  ports on the engine .
Jubilee clip added to stop the cap falling off
Spare air box connection
This one I tapped with a 6mm tap and then stud locked a 6mm grub screw .

Also managed to finish off the heater pipes .

just grommets required

No comments:

Post a Comment