Thursday 13 June 2019

Gearbox mounts

Had issues with the gearbox mounting but an M12 Tap sorted that out and all fitted fine
Gearbox mount with the M12 bolts Loctite in

When I measured the gearbox to make sure that it was central in the frame I found that is was over to the LHS this I thought would present a problem as the gearshift is not level anyway so this would only make it worse .
Problem sorted by slackening everything off again and lifting the engine up slightly to rejig it until it was in the centre ,
The engine mountings are suplyed with 3 washers assuming for spacing as there is a gap between the mountings and the bolt ,when I had my enging in line I had uneven gaps on the mountings .double checking the mesurments and the gear box was within 1/64 " and the engine was level and centrered .so not moving that and ended up with a washser at the front on the RHS and washer at the rear on the LHS.
Enginee mounting tight with washer spacing at the front



No comments:

Post a Comment