Thursday 13 June 2019

Fitting the Cooling Fan


I Bought the fan from GD together with the kit and it was a 16inch one that can fit in front or behind.
After studying thermo dynamics on the internet and confusing my self it doent appear to matter were the fan goes but slight favour to the fan sucking the air though !!


 So I decided to fit one fan behind the radiator.

Mounting the fan

 The kit comes with 2 stainless bars pre drilled for pop rivets and has bolts welded for the fan

The principle is to fix the bars to the radiator, then fix the fan to the bars.
First issue I had was the fan has curved blades and clearly marked as "pushing"  but I wanted to suck
so simple job of reversing the blades  

Blades reversed and now will suck to the cardboard
Next the cheek nipping bit. I fitted the fan to the bars  placed the fan in the middle of the rad marked the position of the bars and drilled the holes corresponding to the holes already drilled at the end of each bar onto the radiator frame. All the blogs I have read say that you cant go into the radiator but it looked to me like there was a chance so very carefully drilled the holes and fitted pop rivets .




No comments:

Post a Comment