Sunday 15 April 2018

Throttle cut out

As mentioned on a previous post decided to cut out the double skin next to the accelerator like other cobra owners as things  are a bit tight down there .
Copied Dales measurements from his blog and went for 50mm up from the floor and went 220mm up 140 across at the top and 205 across at the bottom .
Didn't use a hole saw as I was scared that the pilot drill may go though the outer skin so went in "cold" with the dremel mini cutter .
It was easy to tell when I was though the fibreglass as the cutter goes easy .
This has left me with straight corners instead of rounded ones which I think I like but may regret this at a later date when it comes to carpets etc

View of the cut out from the clutch cut out

 
View from the drivers position
 
Need to get hold of some west system figre glass now to tidy the area up .

Update ++
Went to a local Fibreglass dealer (Ian Flockton ) who told me I could use their  resin instead of the west system as it is compatible with foam (blue in colour).VERY sceptical was I so he gave me enough to use as a test o the foam I had cut out and it is fine and less than 1/2 the cost result ,well happy 

No comments:

Post a Comment