Monday 2 April 2018

Pedal box

Looking at blogs I realised that it was not just a simple job ( what is ?) of fitting the pedals .
Sitting on a make shift seat (2 bits of wood and a quilt )guessing the height as no seats yet , figured I would go with the recommended height suggested by Andy from GD .
Next was the pedal spacing as everybody else seems to bend them apart a bit ,can see why with all that power catching the wrong pedal would be interesting to say the least .
Comparing the pedal centres to my Insignia
That had 6 cms between the clutch and brake and 6cms between the brake and throttle .
On the pedal box I had 5 1/2 and 4 1/5 respectfully .
I set to to bend these in the vice with a large adjustable spanner moving the brake 15mm to give me 6 cms and the clutch 20 again to give me 6 cms .

Hopefully this will make sure that my size 11 shoes will only touch the intended pedal.
This is still a bit of a gamble as know it is rather snug in the foot well .should know better when I fit it .
While the pedals were apart I drilled the top of the throttle .
It requires a 6 mm hole 1mm from the top in 8mm bar so a bit tight .
I have cheated a bit and drilled a 5.2 mm hole and taped it 6mm
Also plan to follow other cobra guys and cut out the side wall to give me a bit more throttle space more on that later dremel out again .
 
pedals after adjustment (can just see the 6mm tapped hole in the throttle)

No comments:

Post a Comment