Monday 4 November 2019

Carpets


A pile of carpet pieces arrived, ages ago with the leather seats and other stuff and I thought that I would know were everything went but when it came to it I didn't. When I looked at other blogs, I found that they assumed we all knew where to put the bits too. I have copied Dales Blog here as he has fitted his !!!

Boot carpet

So here is his  take on where all the pieces go, starting with the boot:
Side panels near lights in boot
Side panels above rear axle area in boot
Main floor piece above rear axle, fuel tank and vertical surfaces of wheel arches in boot
Rear floor area and up under boot lock striker plate
Main boot floor area
Found in the kit 2 pieces of carpet that go in the footwells each side ,before I fitted these I wanted to know if I was happy with the pedals .
I had adjustment on the pedals if needed as I had 2 x 5mm plates on the back side of the pedal box so in theory could move the whole thing 10- mm closer if needed .

So a seat try was in order .I already had the seat runner holes drilled for by GD , so simple job of fitting ?? no the seat was too close to the centre and there was no carpet on yet .Had to move the holes 10 mm outwards .

Seat in and the fit is right with the Pedals

2 comments: